ICT Teachers to teach in the UAE
Applied Technology High Schools
Accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS CASI)
The First educational institution outside the US to achieve SACS District Accreditation
With state-of the-art facilities and excellent support services, the Institute of Applied Technology (IAT) offers Career-based Technical Education (CTE) in English at the secondary and tertiary levels. IAT offers a unique opportunity to prepare its graduates for their post-secondary future by participating in personalized work-integrated learning processes and programs that are driven by academic rigor and delivered using student-centered methods. The institute’s seven campuses are located in the United Arab Emirates at Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah; with its Directorate based in Abu Dhabi. In addition, IAT encompasses higher learning start-ups in aviation, health education and multiple high-tech disciplines.
We are seeking ICT Teachers to teach Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12 for our student-centered, project-based curriculum. As an ICT teacher within the IAT, you will teach classes to national students in a technologically advances environment as part of a team of faculty members to coordinate assignments and projects. ICT students study the basics of graphic design, web development, Visual Programming PC technology, networks and database management.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering.
· Minimum 3 years of relevant teaching experience in a high school setting.
· Good skills in Graphic Design, Web Development, Programming, PC Maintenance, Networking, and Database Systems.
· Holding international industry certificates will be considered an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for planning, managing and improving the learning of their own students, working with other team members.
· In collaboration with Lead Teachers to implement and continually improve curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment strategies.
· To manage the learning of the students, maintaining records, collaborating with other teachers and promoting staff development in a pro-active manner.
· Responsible for planning and participating in professional development opportunities to further their own knowledge, skills and abilities.
· To manage all facilities and activities related to achieve student learning.
· To play a leadership role in role-modeling behavior, attitudes, and learning behaviors for students.
· Responsible for achieving the set learning outcomes in students, and therefore supervise all student activities and processes to ensure outcomes.
· To develop and maintain teaching materials and assist with program quality assurance processes.
· Teachers liaise with Student Counselors, as required. Communicate progress and performance to students and school management/administration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Student centered, and an aptitude to work with Arab youth.
· Committed to innovation in Teaching and Learning initiatives, with a positive “can do” attitude and willingness to promote life-long learning across IAT.
· Commitment to student-centered, project based learning.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, good interpersonal skills and an ability to work with diverse groups of people.
· Sound understanding of technologies that support educational development and current with technology developments.
Salary and Benefits:
The IAT offers a competitive tax-free salary, housing allowance, air fare, relocation allowance (if deployed from overseas), medical insurance, gratuity and subsidized education for your children.
Please submit your application online on our website http://jobs.iat.ac.ae. If you have difficulty in submitting an online application, please email your CV to email@example.com with “ICT Teacher” in the subject line of the email; however, candidates who apply on our website will be contacted first. While we welcome applications from all candidates, only short listed candidates will be contacted.