Institute of Applied Technology
Accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS CASI)
The First educational institution outside the US to achieve SACS District Accreditation
With state-of the-art facilities and excellent support services, the Institute of Applied Technology (IAT) offers Career-based Technical Education (CTE) in English at the secondary and tertiary levels. IAT offers a unique opportunity to prepare its graduates for their post-secondary future by participating in personalized work-integrated learning processes and programs that are driven by academic rigor and delivered using student-centered methods. The institute’s seven campuses are located in the United Arab Emirates at Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah; with its Directorate based in Abu Dhabi. In addition, IAT encompasses higher learning start-ups in aviation, health education and multiple high-tech disciplines.
The Librarian is responsible for the day to day operations of the facility, ensuring collection availability and development, supported by service provision, in meeting the information needs of staff and students of the Institute. Facilitate the integration of information literacy skills development within the curriculum. You will work in a technologically advanced environment as part of a team of academic staff to coordinator assignments and projects in the students’ chosen discipline.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science from a CILIP or ALA accredited institution, or equivalent. Masters preferred.
· At least three years experience, preferably in an educational setting.
· Fluency in written and spoken English, Arabic an advantage.
· Proficiency in MS Office and ICDL certification is a must.
· Experience in the use of integrated library systems.
· Experience in the Middle East an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists in the management, selection, acquisition and maintenance of LRC collections.
· Assists students in the development of information literacy & lifelong learning skills.
· Facilitate the integration of information literacy skills development within the curriculum.
· Acts as an advocate for information literacy across all program areas.
· Works with faculty to develop LRC materials that enhance course offerings.
· Conducts training in research skills, develops information literacy skills tutorials.
· Develops electronic resources for students.
· Assists students and faculty in the use of automated information systems.
· Provides reference and information services to library users.
· Promotes reading for educational and recreational purposes.
· Promotes LRC services and resources to students and faculty.
· Participates in the ongoing development and maintenance of the LRC website.
· An ex officio member of the English Department to insure intradepartmental development of English Language skills support.
· Assists in the supervision of students as appropriate.
· Maintain statistics and reports including the supplies inventory and compile supply orders.
· Provide technical and trouble-shooting support for LRC users.
Salary and Benefits:
The IAT offers a competitive tax-free salary, housing allowance, air fare, relocation allowance (if deployed from overseas), medical insurance, gratuity and subsidized education for your children.
Please submit your application online on our website http://jobs.iat.ac.ae. If you have difficulty in submitting an online application, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Librarian” in the subject line of the email; however, candidates who apply on our website will be contacted first. While we welcome applications from all candidates, only short listed candidates will be contacted.