Nfld. and Labrador
Prince Edward Is.
|Canadian International School|
Supervisor, Accreditation and Quality Assurance
Institute of Applied Technology
Accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS CASI)
The First educational institution outside the US to achieve SACS District Accreditation
With state-of the-art facilities and excellent support services, the Institute of Applied Technology (IAT) offers Career-based Technical Education (CTE) in English at the secondary and tertiary levels. IAT offers a unique opportunity to prepare its graduates for their post-secondary future by participating in personalized work-integrated learning processes and programs that are driven by academic rigor and delivered using student-centered methods. The institute’s seven campuses are located in the United Arab Emirates at Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah; with its Directorate based in Abu Dhabi. In addition, IAT encompasses higher learning start-ups in aviation, health education and multiple high-tech disciplines.
We are seeking a Supervisor, Accreditation and Quality Assurance to design, monitor and evaluate appropriate systems in order to support:
· Accreditation of secondary and post secondary education programmes and academies.
· Development of Quality Assurance (QA) systems that support organizational improvement.
· Training and development of IAT staff members in the IAT systems.
· Formulation and monitoring of the IAT Strategic Plan (SP).Provision of ongoing development and monitoring of Strategic Plan.
· Effective leadership decision-making in key projects.
· Up-to-date provision of information on IAT projects.Development of publications to describe IAT processes and procedures.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Relevant degree with a significant research/QA component. A Post Graduate qualification in Education preferred.
· Fluent in both written and verbal English. Proficiency in Arabic is desirable but not a requirement.
· Minimum four years experience in educational administration, to include:
o demonstrated competency in educational accreditation, policy and planning.
o familiarity with the UAE education system.
o experience in the design and implementation of educational monitoring systems.
o experience with using statistical software programs for data analysis and research.
o familiarity with accreditation processes for educational programs and institutions.
o demonstrated experience with educational QA processes and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide appropriate support and oversee accreditation for IAT academic programs.
· Support IAT units in the development, maintenance and evaluation of appropriate policies and procedures.
· Develop a QA program for IAT, monitor and evaluate to improve IAT systems, policies and procedures.
· Support the training and development of academic and non academic staff in conjunction with HR.
· Develop and monitor IAT Strategic Plan and QA program.
· Provide organizational advice and training on IAT Strategic Plan and QA program.
· Support ongoing functions of the Institutional Effectiveness unit including institutional research.
Salary and Benefits:
The IAT offers a competitive tax-free salary, housing allowance, air fare, relocation allowance (if deployed from overseas), medical insurance, gratuity and subsidized education for your children.
Please submit your application online on our website http://jobs.iat.ac.ae. If you have difficulty in submitting an online application, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “A&QA” in the subject line of the email; however, candidates who apply on our website will be contacted first. While we welcome applications from all candidates, only short listed candidates will be contacted.