In the area of elementary and secondary education, the Ministry of Education determines the broad outlines for education and is responsible for:
* developing curriculum policy
* determining provincial standards for student achievement
* setting diploma requirements
evaluating and approving learning materials for use in schools
* distributing funds allocated by the provincial legislature to assist school boards with the operation of schools
* offering distance learning courses through its Independent Learning Centre
* making regulations that govern the school year and school calendar, the organization of schools and school boards, and the duties of teachers and school board officials
* governing provincial schools for the deaf and blind and the learning-disabled
* listing private schools and inspecting private secondary schools for the standard of instruction in subjects leading to graduation
Ministry of Education - Government of Ontario is a publicly funded organization
For More Information
To view this employer's contact or application information you must be a registered job seeker with Education Canada. If you are already a registered member log in below.
If you are not yet registered with Education Canada click here.
Any logos and trademarks of Ministry of Education - Government of Ontario are copyright Ministry of Education - Government of Ontario.
Education Canada does not take responsibility for the validity of any information provided by Ministry of Education - Government of Ontario. Individuals
should refer to the organization for clarification and confirmation. Information provided
directly from Ministry of Education - Government of Ontario will take precedence over any information provided on this site.