Job Description & Requirements
Kezhi BC Offshore Schools invites applications from individuals who thrive in exciting intercultural environments to apply for the position of High School English/Communications Teacher.
The following schools have openings for English and Communications Teachers
Kezhi BC Offshore Schools attract exceptional students who are Chinese nationals and have studied English as a Second Language from their primary years. Students are offered ELL classes in addition to the BC Graduation Program. The goal of most students is to attend a BC or other Canadian university after graduation. Teachers are amazed by the students’ focus on their academic goals and their high level of respect for teachers. The BC programs typically have about 150-200 students from grade 10-12.
Successful teachers in our schools have the following characteristics:
- Interest in living in China and learning about and from the local Chinese students and teaching staff;
- Dedication to teaching highly motivated, university-bound students with a range of English proficiency;
- Open-minded and enthusiastic about bringing Canadian teaching methods to a Chinese school environment;
- Desire to live in tier 2 and 3 Chinese cities that offer authentic Chinese experiences but within close reach of the larger centres of Beijing and Shanghai.
Benefits of teaching in a Kezhi BC Offshore School include:
- Teaching amazing, motivated, university-bound students. Teach the choice classes that might take years to get in BC;
- Excellent salary;
- Paid return flights between home-town in Canada and China;
- Free, private accommodation;
- Medical insurance;
- Incredible travel opportunities within China as well as easy access to the tropics in S.E. Asia during long winter holiday;
- Low cost of living allows for excellent savings—pay off student loans or save for a down-payment on a home;
Send resume, cover letter and contact info for two references who have supervised your teaching to email@example.com
For more info and to see videos of our schools visit the following: