COUNSELLOR/HUMANITIES TEACHER REQUIRED FOR CANADIAN SCHOOL IN 6th OF OCTOBER CITY, EGYPT
FOR THE 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR
Heritage International School requires a Canadian certified Counsellor/Humanities (High School English Language Arts and Social Studies) teacher for the 2017-18 school year.
Experience as a counsellor in a Canadian school is required.
Start date is end of August, 2017.
The counsellor position is for JK to Grade 12 and the Humanities teaching would focus on 9-12 English and Social Studies and may at times include grade 7 and 8 English and S.S. The daily schedule would include 2 periods Counselling, 1 period teaching and 1 period preparation time. JK-Grade 6 counselling would focus on character education and social skills development. Grades 7-12 would focus on transitioning students to middle school and to high school, course selections and university preparation.
Heritage International School is a well-established, private (Manitoba) international school, located on a modern campus in beautiful 6th of October City, near Cairo, Egypt. The school uses the Manitoba curriculum for all grades. 6th of October City has a population of 500,000 about an hour from downtown Cairo. The school has a teaching staff of 45 Canadian teachers and principals.
With 600 students including 200 in the high school (9-12), Heritage International School seeks to thoroughly prepare a new generation of Egyptians for the challenges of a university career as well as life beyond the classroom.
Teachers should be energetic, adaptable, enthusiastic classroom leaders with a sense of humour and have a draw to an active school life in a vibrant and exciting city overseas.
Applicants must be Canadian citizens, have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in the required subjects as well as a Bachelor or Master of Education from a Canadian university and hold a valid teaching certificate from a Canadian province.
Heritage International School offers its teaching staff:
* Competitive tax-free Salary in USD on a grid based on experience
* A rent free, furnished, spacious apartment in 6th of October City within a 5-10 minute walk to the school or driven to and from the school by staff van
* Annual return flight from home city in Canada to Cairo
* Annual performance/pension bonus
*Two year contracts (renewable with one year options with signing bonus)
* International health insurance
* Free tuition for dependent children
* July & August as well as other Canadian holidays/vacations (paid)
* Lots of holidays including all Canadian holidays and Egyptian holidays
* Transportation to and from school
* Small class sizes- (maximum is 22 students per class)
* Same school day and year as in Canada
* Work with fantastic and experienced Canadian teachers and principals
Qualified and certified teachers may review the School’s Website: www.heritageinternationalschool.com as well as the School’s YouTube channel.
Please email your resume (on Word) with:
- full contact information including current address, all telephone numbers and Skype ID
- a small head photo attached to the top right hand corner of the top page of your resume
- a cover letter
- three letters of reference (on pdf)
- copy of Canadian teaching certificate
To our agent and consultant, Mr. Errol Harris, in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org