CANADIAN GRADE 7 AND 8 ENGLISH AND MATH TEACHER REQUIRED FOR A CANADIAN SCHOOL IN BEAUTIFUL CLIFFORD ESTATES, GUANGZHOU, CHINA
FOR THE 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR
CLIFFORD SCHOOL requires one Certified Canadian teacher for grade 7 and 8 English and Math.
Start date: AUGUST 20, 2017
2 years of teaching experience required.
Clifford School is a prestigious private K-Grade 12 school with a student population of 2700 students in Clifford Estates, a resort-like community of 200,000 residents close to Hong Kong. The school offers three curriculum choices including Mandarin, Bilingual and International (Manitoba) curriculum. The Manitoba curriculum program has over 350 students.
The school has a Western faculty of over 70 teachers. The campus rivals leading junior college facilities around the world. This “school within a school” offers a Manitoba, Canada program of studies for grades K to 12. The Canadian program within this school has its own staff and Canadian principal. Many of our graduates attend university in Canada. The curriculum demands a skilled, enthusiastic, forward thinking and energetic faculty.
Clifford School was established more than a decade ago. It is located in Clifford Estates, the largest community in Guangzhou province (the richest province in China) and approximately 45 minutes south of Guangzhou, a city of 13 million people. Guangzhou is about 80 km from Hong Kong. Clifford Estates has approximately 200,000 residents and is an especially popular community for retirees from Hong Kong and expatriates abroad. With an onsite 4 star hotel, shopping center, teaching hospital and a bilingual school featuring a Canadian educated teaching staff this is a popular spot for Westerners in the region.
There is an exclusive (private) bus service to Guangzhou, neighbouring regions and the border to Hong Kong. There is ample transportation throughout the Clifford Estates. Rail Service to Clifford Estates allows for direct travel to the airport
We are seeking a flexible and adaptable certified Canadian teacher who is energetic, dedicated, has a sense of adventure and a love of teaching.
Here is an opportunity to embrace another culture. Come and experience all that South China has to offer. Here is an opportunity to travel throughout China and Asia on holidays.
* Applicants must be Canadian citizens and have a Canadian teaching certificate and 2 years of Math teaching experience.
* Minimum of a Canadian Bachelor of Education degree.
Clifford School offers its teaching staff:
* Excellent tax free Salary in $USD on a grid based on experience
* A rent free fully furnished apartment in Clifford Estates
* Annual return flight allowance – minimum one return economy ticket per year
* Utilities allowance
* Relocation allowance for first year and the second year
* Bonus at the end of each school year
* One year contracts
* International health insurance
* Same school year and day as in Canada
* Lots of holidays including Chinese New Year holiday Jan-Feb.
* Two weeks Christmas vacation
* Manitoba textbooks and classroom resources
As this position is not in Canada you will be asked questions about your age, marital status (spouse and children who may accompany you) and your health status. This information is required for entry visas, for insurance and for housing. Different countries have very specific criteria that may be different from Canada.
If you are not prepared to answer these questions then please do not apply.
Please email all the following to our Canadian agent, Mr. Errol Harris, in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org
* resume (on Word) with full contact information including telephone numbers and skype ID
* a cover letter
* digital head photo
* two letters of reference (pdf)