Looking for ESL Teacher (1) and Music (Piano) Teacher (1) to Work in Beijing
CURRENT VACANCIES FOR SEMESTER 1 – STARTING Sept 01, 2017
The ArtstrA Group, a fast-growing Hong Kong based company dedicated to developing music education in China, is looking for internationally qualified ESL teacher (1) and Music (Piano) teacher (1) to join us in Beijing.
You will be teaching ESL courses / Music classes in a fun filled and rewarding environment at nurseries and kindergartens, playing games while teaching English / Music to a group of energetic and lovable young children aged between 2 and 6.
Ideally, you should possess previous ESL / Music teaching experiences with kindergarten, elementary or middle schools in China or countries where students learn English as their second language. The less experienced applicants will also be considered for a junior position.
To be considered for the positions applicants should have:
- A bachelor degree from Canada or other countries
- TESL/ TEFL / TESOL or equivalent certificate with minimum 100 - hour training from a certified ESL teacher training institution
- Two years of teaching experience in English as a second language
Music (Piano) Teacher
To be considered for these positions applicants must have:
- A bachelor degree, major in piano teaching / performance from Canada, or other countries
- ARCT or equivalent diploma
- Two years of fulltime teaching experience. The less experienced applicants will also be considered for a junior position.
About 30 teaching hours + 5 office hours per week
One year, renewable on a discretionary basis
The work visa process takes many weeks to complete so we appreciate you should sent in applications as soon as possible.
To apply, please send your application package, including:
- Brief cover letter
- Resume that shows your work history – including all teaching experience with start and end dates (month/year) and names of employers/schools
ESL Teacher : Scanned copy of ESL Teacher Training Certification – TESL, TEFL, CELTA, etc. indicating a minimum of 100 hours of coursework and practicum time from an accredited ESL training institution
- Scanned copy of ARCT diploma
- University transcript(s)
- Scanned copy of the first page of your passport showing it valid for a minimum of 12 months
If you have previously worked in China, please include:
- Name of your previous employer and dates of employment
- Copy of your previous work/permanent resident visa if employed within the past two years
Upon receipt of your application package we will contact you to arrange an interview. Interviews are usually 30 minutes in length and are conducted over Skype.
When a contract is offered, we will require the following additional documents for processing your Chinese work visa:
- Authenticated copy of your degree certificate
- Two signed letters of reference on letterhead – dated within the last 12 months
- Clear medical report from your physician or clinic submitted on a form to be provided
- Copy of clean criminal record check dated within the last 12 months
- Digital visa photo – detailed specifications to be provided
Salary and Benefits
- ESL Teacher: Monthly Salary ¥19,000 RMB + (approx. $3,800 CAD)
- Music Teacher: Monthly Salary ¥20,000 RMB + (approx. $4,000 CAD)
(Based on working experience and education background. The less experienced applicants will also be considered with adjustment of salary)
Salary will be paid in 12 monthly installments in RMB.
A fully furnished apartment with one bedroom will be provided.
$1,000 RMB one-time settling allowance will be provided for initial purchases of basic living necessities.
Up to ¥8,000 RMB annual flight allowance will be provided for each year of the contract. Airport pickup will be arranged upon arrival.
11 days Chinese National holidays plus 10 paid annual leave days will be provided.
Legal “Z” work visa will be provided.
Health insurance will be provided for overseas teachers.
For more information and to apply: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org