HOMEROOM TEACHERS (Grades K - 8)
Alruwad International School – OMAN
For the 2017-18 school year
Alruwad International School is currently accepting applications for Homeroom Teachers for the 2017-18 school year. These are full time positions starting in August 2017, and will become available as a result of increased enrollment and normal staffing turnover.
Alruwad International School is a K-8 private school with over 800 students and over 100 professional and support staff. We are accredited by Alberta Education to teach the Alberta Program of Studies and will begin to add the IB curriculum to our program offerings for the
2017-18 school year as well. As a result, we are seeking teachers who are Alberta certified or those with comparable qualifications to add to our talented team.
Muscat is a growing, easy-paced capital city with a vast array of travel, cultural, and social opportunities for anyone anxious to experience them. There are no employment taxes and travel possibilities are numerous and relatively inexpensive. Oman boasts a unique mixture of Western and Middle Eastern cultures providing a truly international experience.
• Have a recognized bachelor of education degree with relevant training and experience;
• Have a minimum of 2 years of successful, recognized teaching experience;
• Be certified to teach in Alberta or be willing & eligible to obtain certification status with Alberta Education;
• Be prepared to work collaboratively with other teachers and support-staff as a member of a professional learning community;
• Have strong, positive interpersonal skills;
• Be willing to contribute to the school's extracurricular program;
• Be independent, open-minded, and willing to meet the challenges and take advantage of the opportunities that teaching in a foreign country presents
Our teacher contract includes a competitive salary package commensurate with qualifications and experience, round trip tickets, housing, transportation, and medical and dental insurance.
1. Please visit www.ais.edu.om
2. Print and complete the Candidate Application Form under the Careers section
3. Email completed Application Form along with your CV & References to:
Mr. Mike Hubick, Principal
We thank all applicants for your interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More information about our school can be found at www.ais.edu.om