The Cayman Islands Department of Education Services Invites applications
For education roles within the Government school system for 2018/19 academic years
Commencing early-August 2018
The Cayman Islands offers one of the highest standards of living in the Caribbean. It is a tax-free jurisdiction, with a friendly welcoming people, combining the very best of the relaxed Caribbean attitude and modern living. Its proximity to Miami also provides easy access to North America and the rest of the Caribbean.
The remuneration package for the successful candidate is offered without deductions. The Cayman Islands Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and 100% health insurance coverage for the employee and their dependents. To assist with relocation, within the first week of arrival, the successful candidate will receive a settlement allowance equivalent to 1 month’s salary, moving expenses for personal belongings and hotel accommodation for 7 nights.
Salary: US $58,843 - $65,585 per annum
To provide professional occupational therapeutic services and facilitate and implement occupational programmes and individual programme goals by undertaking appropriate assessment, therapy intervention, in-classroom support, consultation and training for students within government schools and/ or the Early Intervention Programme [EIP].
*Qualifications, Experience & Special Skills:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy or Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy (at the level required in the jurisdiction for licensure)
- Professional Registration and certification to work as an Occupational Therapist.
- Applicant must be CPAM registered or eligible for CPAM registration
- A minimum of three years post registration experience as an OT working in a school or hospital setting with children requiring physical/occupational therapy.
- Experience with students with a wide variety of disabilities is necessary as the job involves working with students with medical, neurological, psychiatric, emotional, behavioral and/or learning problems.
A detailed Job Description, Government Application Form and the Supplementary EDU Application form are available online at www.education.gov.ky/jobs All applicants must complete the Government Application Form, Resume and a Cover Letter via e-mail to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Friday 19th January 2018